How to drive someone crazy from 1100 miles away

27 July 2007

Just when you thought your stash was about to be busted


Interweave Knits sent me the preview of the fall issue. Sigh. I am just going to have to make this. I must have it. It is just what I would wear. Oh, dear, WEBS has a grab bag for the yarn (Tahki Bunny). 10 skeins to make my size, and what do you know? There is a 10 skein grab bag for about half the price it would be normally. I just have to call tomorrow and make sure I can get 10 of a single color, make sure the color is one I'd want to wear, and away we go. I have been thinking about this for all of fifteen minutes, and I already have this planned. I'm going to have to shop around the WEBS site for a bit and write up a larger order. Am I crazy, or does it seem like a lot to ask for them to give me a completely matched "grab bag" of a color I selected? Doesn't that technically defy the definition of "grab bag"? So, I think that if I have a pile of other stuff to order, it might sweeten the deal a bit, or at least make it seem like I am not a completely selfish woman who expects the world to bend over backwards for her, what with dismissing the idea of a grab bag and all. Maybe I am too neurotic for this sort of thing.
The cardigan for my nephew is trucking along nicely, now that I finished the Harry Potter. The second sleeve is about halfway done on the double points, just need to transfer the body back to the needles, work it down, and do a button band after that. And voila! A well-dressed nephew. No pics, because I hate the way anything looks with DPNs in it. It makes my charming nephew's little sleeve look like something out of the Blair Witch Project. Maybe this explains my distaste for knitting socks (and still, I keep buying sock yarn.), although...
I did just receive a giant shipment of books from Knit Picks, one of which is the Cat Bordhi two-circular sock book, so I will be practicing that sometime soon. If you haven't seen the sale, and I hope for you that it's still on, check it out. I got three EZ books (I had not yet had the pleasure), as well as a top-down sweater book I'm not overly fond of, and something called Selbuvotter, which is really interesting, all about the two-color mittens including some history, as well as patterns for making them your very own. Not much use in Florida, but you never know who will need mittens, or where or when you may travel. Lovely. I am such a book ho. But the sale is something like 40% off, so it's really just intelligent shopping, right?
I need to go work out some more stash and make room for the Tahki Bunny now. I was being so good about working from the stash. Don't judge me. I really do need to have that sweater. It's the first time I have fallen for a pattern because I wanted to wear it, not because I wanted to knit it. So, really, this is a growing experience, right? Product versus process knitting for a change? How can anyone expect me to develop more fully as a human being without that sweater?
Right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what color you get and how it comes along.

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times when I used my wedding ring as a marker.

I have a different wedding ring now and it's a bit too wide to make a good marker. But, in a pinch it might be okay.

I don't see any problem using your engagement ring as a marker. It's perfectly logical to me!

2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home