How to drive someone crazy from 1100 miles away

01 August 2006

Success!

Our plot for Swan's birthday went off spectacularly. I got Mr. Swan in on it on Friday night, making sure that no inappropriate purchases were made until the gift arrived. I hear he had a blast singing the "I know something you don't know" song all weekend. After telling him, I just waited in the wings to hear from her. Apparently, Janet from The Wheel Thing sent Swan an email, which she opened Monday morning and then promptly emailed me. Here's the email, completely unedited:


I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!!!!!

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I am amazed. Big, mindblowing, can't comprehend kind of amazed.

I'm not ashamed to say that I cried at work when I saw Janet's email.

As I will get to in the blog (I started a post today that Blogger ate), this was a kind of crazy weekend (we still don't have internet). 18 hours with no electricity (we took off after 14). Wheel shopping, farm visiting, mountain climbing, AT hiking kind of crazy. But nothing is nearly as cool as what you organized, sweetie. I honestly haven't been able to comprehend that yet. I would like to say wonderful things, here, but I'm likely to cry again. Hell, if I could think, I will cry anyway, not caring that I am at the reference desk. Shocked, just shocked. That's where I am.

You are a Captain, with a hell of a pirate crew.

I love you,

Cyn

Yeah, that's me. I'm a pirate captain. I always knew it way deep down inside. Think I'll go get some sparrows tattooed onto my arms now.

When I phoned her last night, she couldn't stop squealing and stammering. It was delightful in a high pitched unintelligible sort of way.

Yeah. We did good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home