How to drive someone crazy from 1100 miles away

26 July 2006

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying


Yoshi took me out for dinner last night. It was coming time to see if I wanted dessert, and i excused myself to the ladies'. When I came back, Yoshi asked if I wanted fried ice cream, and I said I don't know, what does my belly say?
He laughed harder than I've seen him laugh in a while.

The weekend was not as bad as it could have been. Yes, I missed my brother and thought about him a lot, but Yoshi was good at distracting me and we had a good time. Saw a few movies, had some good food, not a bad weekend.



And then there is Hank. I finished Hank's head, and started to embroider his face and hair. Notice his decidedly bald and blank expression? Didn't work out so great.
Trial and error taught me that it will be best to start his hair at the top and work down. Funny decrease lines are not easy to duplicate stitch. And then there is his face. I put the french knot eyes on and then used the same strand to start his mouth, which kept coming out a bit wonky. Pulled out the mouth a few times, trying to get it straight and properly smirking. Then his left eye sucke itself right into his head. It was really oddly horrifying, because I've never seen an eye suck back into someone's head before. I know we're just talking abot knitting, but it was disturbing. I have come to think of him as a person, and when my little person's eye pops backwards into his head, I was slightly shocked. I pulled him inside out and popped the eye back into place. (Why it doesn't bother me to turn my little person inside out, I have no idea) Flipped him back, barely touched the replaced eye, and POP! there goes the other eye.
I put his bothersome little ass down for a while.
Haven't started to repair the lace yet, but the Roomie has started (and made excellent progress upon) a halter for Walter. (Oh, that's funny and I didn't even realize.) And I helped!
Will post pics of the Roomie knitting next time. I taught her all by myself, and I am so proud of her. maybe I'll even give her a name here, to celebrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home