How to drive someone crazy from 1100 miles away

15 October 2006

Foot obsessed.

What does this look like to you?
If you said "It looks like Lisa is teaching Jenn to make socks", you are correct. If you said "yarn", you are still correct but not very clever.
I bought two skeins of Malabrigo at the shop near my parent's house about a month ago, in Velvet Grapes and Indigo. So, we are making the exact same pair of super-easy short-cuffed slipper socks, going through together step by step until we each have one. Then, she's on her own.
I'm so proud of her. She turned a heel, made gussets, and almost the entire foot in one evening. We just have toes and kitchener left. And of course, she's already planning her next pair of socks.

Oh, yeah, I finished Yoshi's Xmas stocking. It's a bit dark and unconventional. Like Yoshi. I love it.

It's going to be absolute torture working a four minute drive from the LYS. (Have I not mentioned this before? Gee, wonder why.) I can't stay out of there. I started a pair of red socks in Wildfoote, Ragtime colorway. It is really fiery-looking, so I am trying to display the colors to their best advantage with some mild cables. If cabling is a bug, I am bit. Pics of that when they aren't embarrassingly small.

I also had a birthday, in case anyone couldn't tell by Swan's post. I am now thirty, and a little amazed I made it this far without anyone killing me for snarkiness. Yoshi got me some wonderful books and the best thing ever: the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. I cried, I shit you not.

Oh, and look. A picture of a bunny. I will be petting that bunny on Thursday.


1 Comments:

Blogger CygKnit said...

Oooh. I'm not sure I've seen the Wildefoot in person. You bringing them with you?

2:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home