How to drive someone crazy from 1100 miles away

05 October 2007

Aaaargh! Secrets!

I knitted the cutest thing I ever knit ever the other day. No, you can't see it. It's a secret. Why is it a secret? That's a secret, too. But I had to tell someone that it's the absolute cutest thing ever, and that I am frustrated that I can't blog it or show it or take pictures of it or any such thing. It's a secret. I can only give it to its intended recipient and keep quiet until the reason it is a secret reaches critical mass (quite possibly next year, ack!). Then, it's pictures all around. Aaaaaarrghhhh! I can hardly stands it!

Oh, baby, is Rhinebeck 2008 ever booked. I bought the plane tickets on Tuesday. This year, Yoshi is going with me to meet up with CygKnit (who is actually supposed to be my co-blogger, but you can't really tell...) and her whole family, so we can spend two days in the wilds of upstate New York looking at yarn. She is bringing her new son and husband, so it's a big gangling trip of craziness. For one, Yoshi is not really particularly interested in yarn or fiber in any real way. He knows that yarn keeps me happy and fiber keeps him regular and has no desire to know more. I am going to try to get him to use a drop spindle, among other things. For another, I don't think the five month old infant is much of a knitter or spinner yet. Also, Yoshi does not own a jacket and refuses to get one. I see him shiver in the fifty degree Florida winters in a damn t-shirt every year, and it pains me, but he rejects all attempts to warm him outright. I don't think he knows what he's in for. However, I am really looking forward to telling people I am from Florida and that I flew up for Rhinebeck. Along with the weird "There are knitters in Florida?" look, I also got a look that said "I respect your deep commitment to fiber arts." Which I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't get a lot of props in my day-to-day life for being a committed knitter. I am also looking forward to seeing the way bunnies inspire every single person who approaches them into baby talk. Last year, this was the rule without exception. It was hilarious. And at 11:30 on Sunday morning, there is something called a Leaping Lama contest. What the hell is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger CygKnit said...

I'm not touching the leaping llama thing.

I know you can't blog that super-secret secret of yours, but can we blog about the other secret thing? The one with the pictures? I'll even step up and blog HERE about it. Whatcha think?

6:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would do just about anything to get Cynthia to blog.

7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home